Having a nice cooler is the perfect way to take your refrigerated beverages and foods on the go. No matter what you do outdoors, whether you are a runner, going to the beach, or having a family get together, a cooler is a brilliant thing to own to make these adventures possible.
Following our research, here are the top 10 coolers for 2020 that we have found for camping and other outdoor adventures.
1. Carhartt Deluxe Dual Compartment Insulated Lunch Cooler Bag
This lunch bag cooler from Carhartt is the perfect size to bring snacks and drinks with you on the go. It is a soft cooler bag that comes with two compartments, with the main compartment being insulated to keep things cool.
Carhartt is a premium brand that builds rugged products that are sure to last. You can buy this cooler with confidence knowing that it will last you a long time, and it will be up for any outing.
- Great for food and drinks
- Durable product
- Can only hold up to 6 drinks
- Not the strongest cooling ability
2. ENGEL Cooler/Dry Box
The ENGEL Cooler/Dry Box provides you with a very durable and secure way to keep food and drinks cool. It is leakproof and “virtually indestructible”. Not only is it a great cooler, but it also doubles as a brilliant way to keep your electronics and valuables safe.
There are many color options that you can choose from to suit your taste. The Engel Cooler/Dry box comes with both a shoulder strap and a carry handle. It is truly a great option for any outdoor sports or recreational activities and a sturdy option for lunches and family outings.
Material: PP Copolymer, Polystyrene Foam
- Large carrying capacity
- Very durable
- Doubles as a dry box for electronics and valuables
- Heavier than other options
- Insulation could be better
3. Coleman 24-Can Party Stacker Portable Cooler
These coolers made by Coleman are perfect for outdoor parties and family gatherings. You can purchase multiple coolers from this line and stack them together, providing an all-in-one solution. This also allows you to color code for different food and beverages.
Molded handles make for easy lifting and carrying. They manufacture it in the United States and it will hold together well over a lengthy period of usage. It holds temperatures consistently, so whether you need to keep all of your drinks cool or need to keep any meat that needs to be refrigerated before grilling fresh, the Coleman Party Stacker will do an impressive job.
- Can stack together with other Coleman Party Stacker products
- Made in the USA
- Large capacity and good cooling capability
- Not a heavy-duty cooler
- Cheap solution, higher quality/more expensive products available
4. TOURIT Cooler Backpack
The TOURIT Cooler Backpack is a great insulated backpack cooler solution. The backpack is leakproof, and it can keep food or drinks at a consistent temperature for up to 16 hours. It features a nice carrying capacity with multiple pockets, making it a great all in one solution for camping or outdoor outings.
The overall build is light, but it doesn’t sacrifice on quality. You can rely on the backpack to get the job done for you whether you are bringing it to work, the beach, camping, or any other activities.
- Leakproof and durable build
- Lightweight for easy carrying
- Carrying capacity could be larger
5. TOURIT Insulated Backpack Cooler
Here is another TOURIT backpack cooler that serves as a superb way to keep food and drinks cool. The differences between this backpack and the prior model mainly have to do with stylistic preferences. This model resembles more of a traditional backpack look, while the prior almost looks like it’s a portable cooler. This model is also slightly heavier.
Weight: 1.4 Pounds
- Sleek design resembles a traditional backpack but with cooling capabilities
- Leakproof and durable build
- Slightly heavier than the prior TOURIT model
6. Coleman 16-Quart Portable Cooler
The Coleman 16-Quart Portable Cooler is a reliable medium-sized option for camping, picnics, and barbeques. It is large enough to hold either a full meal or up to 22 beverage cans. This cooler doesn’t come equipped with a shoulder strap for carrying, but there is a large handle that makes carrying relatively easy.
- Simple look with pleasant build quality
- Great for medium quantities of food and/or beverages
- No shoulder strap so carrying is confined to the handle
7. Lifewit Collapsible Cooler Bag
The Lifewit Collapsible Cooler Bag is a large capacity cooler bag that can carry up to 6 gallons by volume. This large capacity can fit up to 32 cans of drinks, which should be plenty for whatever outdoor recreation you need to use it for.
The insulation is pretty nice on this cooler bag, and food and beverages that you store inside of it should stay cool for up to 12 hours.
- Large capacity
- Versatile cooler, insulation allows storage of dry items as well
- Multiple storing pockets
- Some consumers reported a low strap quality
8. Coleman 33-Quart Party Stacker Cooler
The Coleman 33-Quart Party Stacker is another highly rated cooler from the Coleman brand. It is an impressive addition to any Stacker Cooler collection and serves as a more heavy-duty option to use for any get together or outdoor activities.
- Heavy duty cooler with high storage capacity
- Can carry 20 oz. bottles upright
- Insulation could be better
9. Husky Water and Weather Resistant Insulated Cooler
Husky makes our list with their heavy duty lunch box style cooler. This cooler is very light, and will provide you with a quality build that is both water resistant and nicely insulated. It is a great option for bringing meals to work, packing for outdoor excursions, and bringing some food or beverages to family gatherings.
- Very light material
- Weather resistant and nice insulation
- Smaller cooler that lacks substantial space
10. YETI Tundra Haul Portable Wheeled Cooler
The YETI Tundra is the most premium option on our roundup. It is the best wheeled cooler which allows for easy transportation on many terrains, making it the perfect outdoors cooler. It is an extra large cooler box, so there is plenty of storage space along with commercial grade insulation. There is a lot to like about this cooler, but you will also pay a premium for that quality.
- Wheels allow for easy transportation in many settings
- Premium build quality
- Commercial grade foam insulation
- Sizeable amount of storage space
- Most expensive option on this list